So, you think you're ready to let you hair down, roam the streets, and see the plenty of fish in the sea everyone keeps talking about. That's a great mindset to have if you have been single for a while by choice or not by choice, commend yourself for being brave enough to put yourself back on the market. If your looking to emerge yourself in the dating world your in luck, according to an article from eHarmony
"In 2015, 50% of the U.S. population consisted of single adults, which has increased from 48% in 2011." That let's you know there are people out there ready to mingle and are in search for love.
The Question Is Are You Ready ? (Answer Honestly)
The checklist is compiled of questions to ask yourself before you start your quest for a partner.
1. Do I know who I am ?
Do you know yourself and what makes you the person you are today.
Do you know your flaws and all.
2. Do I know my self worth ?
Do you know not to tolerate disrespect.
Do you understand your value and worth as a person.
3. Do I communicate well enough to get point across confidently ?
Do you know how to express your feelings and why you may be feeling that way, without coming off hostile.
4. Do I know my boundaries with other people? (How to set them and enforce them) ?
Do you know how to set personal boundaries with people, by not letting them cross the line with certain topics or let them say or do things that may offend you.
5. Are you dating to feel a void?
Are you wanting or longing for something that may be unhealthy?
Are you dating to try and replace another person?
6. Are you dating to build something with someone or to see what's out there?
Are you dating to explore your options
7. Are you single because your blocking or holding back your feelings from someone ?
Do you have feelings. you have not expressed to someone.
8. Who are you doing this relationship for? (meaning are you dating for you or from peer pressure from other people?
Are you being pressured by family, friends, or peers to date someone?
9. Do you think doing this will bring the best out in you?
Do you think searching for a partner will bring the best parts of you out, or will it bring out the worst in you?
10. Are you dating because your don't want to be alone?
Are you looking for someone to be with so your not lonely?
11. Why now?
What makes you want to start dating now
12. Do you seek validation from a man or woman while dating ?
Do seek their approval on majority of things that involve you.
13. Are you avoiding spending time with yourself?
Are you avoiding self reflection or spending time with yourself.
14. Are you rebounding someone ?
Are you still hurt from someone else but trying to move on with another person
15. Do I know how to forgive people and ask for forgiveness?
Do I know how to forgive others for their actions?
Do I know how to ask for forgiveness for myself?
All Done! Let me know your thoughts and if this was helpful or not! If you liked this blog post be sure to leave a comment and share this on your social media and with your friends.
I'll leave you with this quote by Zora Neale Hurston, "There are years that ask questions and there are years that answer them".
Which means to me there is a time and reason for everything, maybe this your time to be single and date, or maybe its your time to be single and find yourself..